Friday 3 July 2009

The Spirit of Ballet Pixelle



Well where do I start ..I was one of the few, who were/are lucky enough to be involved with the wonderful, magical Ballet Pixelle. I spent a few months with them, both as a Dancer and as the Wardrobe Mistress, so forgive any sentimentality ;) They put on some of the most beautiful and breathtaking performances I have seen in SL and their new show "The Living Goddess" is no exception. It is based on the legend of Kumari, the chosen Goddess who grows and passes the mantle on to the younger chosen one. I am including some audience comments from the gala opening performance to tempt you (Typos have been corrected)

Monarchy Republic: Thank you:) The production just gets better every time. The clothes were (devotionally ;)) divine :))

Musimba Yellowknife: I always look forward to watching Ballet Pixelle.

Neena Botanical: I think the sets and costumes look fantastic.

AbaBrukh Aabye: Yes, they [the sets and costumes] are marvelous.

Peacesoul Destiny:

"Living Goddess"] very much captures the emotion, which was unexpected and enjoyable; I am stunned in fact. I was unsure of how such a thing would work in SL. Well I had heard of ballets going on here; however admittedly had felt they would lack the authenticity. It's just such a lovely thing to enjoy with friends and wonderful to be able to experience in the comfort of your own home. You are doing an amazing job; it's really beautiful and it really has the feeling of attending something special. I'm sure it means so much to those who are lucky enough to find you.

Their next show is at Ballet Pixelle IBM Theatre Sunday 5th July at 5pm SLT Go and see for yourselves ;)

The pink lollipop ballet outfit is free along with the skin, scripted ballet shoes and hair with a beautiful tiara and pink pearls. All available free at the Spirit Stall @ The Hair Fair
Kumaris outfit is made by one of the most talented ladies I have yet to meet. She is a beautiful dancer, is in charge of the music, teaches class, leads rehearsal and turns her hand to costume, eyes and skin when the need arises. Unfortunately her designs are not yet available to the public but you may be sure if that changes I will definitely let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment