Tuesday 16 June 2009

Bleak House is anything but Bleak..

I first found this awesome lil' shop through a notice I received for a free gown called "Absinthe and Old Lace" being a huge fan of the play Arsenic and old lace, and loving a good shot of Absinthe now and again I headed to check it out. What I found when I arrived in Bleak House at Antiquity Cove was a gold mine of high quality Victorian Era gowns most of them with a Gothic feel to them. A sweet mix of Dark and light that only left me wanting to see more of Renate Marchionne's work.
Not only are her gowns lovely, they are all affordable (most only 100-200L) and two for 1L, including the now infamous Absinthe and Old Lace gown. For just 1L you get the gown, the parasol, a parasol hold animation,boots, and the most adorable miniature Absinthe bottle earrings! The fabric is rich in texture and far from ordinary. Renate's attention to the fine details is what truly sets her gowns apart.


































Her latest release is titled "Unslutty Pirate" and being a lover of SL's many treasure hunts I had to try it on for myself. Once more I was amazed at how every little piece was lovingly made..clear down to the rum bottle attached to the belt.






























Bleak house is sure to please and I look forward to future creations by this very talented designer. If your hunting for Victorian era clothing that's not the same old same old, and for an added bonus is very affordable, this is hands down the place to check out!


~KyraDevon

1 comment: